For More Information
Want to Learn More? Check Out These Sites...
But please remember that the author is not responsible for the political opinions and language found therein.
- The Sixties Project: Books, personal narratives, reviews and other resources. This colorful site also includes a bookstore and lots of lively trivia.
- Vietnam Veterans Against the War (VVAW) Home Page: Photos, historical information, and an online newspaper about this venerable organization.
- The Psychedelic '60s: Literary Tradition and Social Change: University of Virginia's complete archives covers 1967-69, and everything else between, before, and after.
- Kent State Archives: Along with offering details and personal narratives about the May 4th shootings, this site provides a thorough list of links to related aspects of the incident.
- Hippies on the Web: Haight-Asbury Music and Culture: Everything you wat to know about the San Francisco scene, both then and now.
- Online News Hour: Days of Protest: Looking for a quickie synopsis for a school report? Check this out.
- The American Experience: Vietnam Online: This online version of the PBS series provides a definitive and thorough description of all aspects of the war. An excellent reference.
- Winning the Viet Nam War: Monday morning quarterbacking on the Vietnamese conflict by columnist Jerry Pournelle, who has bills himself as "an author and writer of science fact and fiction" as well as having some political experience with the city of Los Angeles.
- Baby Boomer's Headquarters: The Sixties Section: New! Here, it's really all about them. This information-intensive site features dozens of links to books, music, trivia, essays and other Boomer-type concerns.
- The Old Hippie's Groovy Site: Anything goes here (just like the '60s); there's a comprehensive list of "far out" books and links.
- Hippyland [sic] Tour and Directory: This is the place to learn about and interact with hippies/hippys, do some hippie/hippy shopping and listen to hippie/hippy music among other options.
- Hippies Meetup: New! Bummed out and feeling green? "Local hippies, treehuggers, counterculturalists and other loving folks of the world" will find this a one-stop hookup for kindred Rainbow Family members, Deadheads and more.
- Sixties City: New! Kudos to "Clint" for his comprehensive and sentimental trip down memory lane. "The home of the music, memories and magic of the most fun and exciting decade in history - The Swingin' Sixties."
- Woodstock Preservation Archives: New! If you missed your chance to go to Woodstock or were born too late, this is almost the next best thing to being there, with written accounts, photos, and other detailed information about the 1969 Festival and related subjects.
- Woodstock '69 Remembered: New! Another great source of information for all things Woodstock.
- Retro Fashion Guide: Tie Dyed Shirts to Mini Skirts: New! Could also be called the Compleat Guide to Hippie Fashion (with a little '70s thrown in). The hyperlinked list at the bottom has everything you wanted to know -- but may not have thought to ask -- about clothing, style and body image during the era.